I love coming up with craft ideas using things I already have. That’s why I save bottles, jars, and odds and ends that I think I can turn into a fun craft later. As the craft ideas below prove, you can repurpose household items to make gorgeous crafts to decorate your home with or gift to others. Start with these items and then head to the dollar store, Five Below, or your favorite bargain store to find the other materials you’ll need to complete your craft on a budget.
15 Ways To Repurpose Household Items
I love, love, love these ideas from crafty and creative bloggers! Repurpose everything from old books you no longer read to the wine bottles you’ve cleaned out from your last get together with the girls. The list below includes some of the absolute best ideas for repurposing household items you no longer need into some of the coolest crafts or decor ideas. Some of these are so simple that even the kiddos can join in!
- Indoor Mason Jar Herb Garden by Serving Up Southern
- DIY Painted Book Stacks by A Fresh Squeezed Life
- DIY Wine Cork Bath Mat by Sustain My Craft Habit
- No Sew Roman Shade From A Shower Curtain by Repurpose And Upcycle
- Dog Crate Tabletop by Salvaged Living
- DIY Rope Basket by Craftsy Hacks
- Painted Wine Bottles by Crafts By Amanda
- Fishnet Wrapped Mason Jar by It All Started With Paint
- Chalkboard Painted DIY Gift Box by Stow And Tell U
- Tea Cup Candles by The Craft Patch Blog
- T Shirt Recycled Rag Rug by Meredith Amand
- DIY Succulent Planters by Ginger Casa
- Repurposed Plate Rack by Repurpose And Upcycle
- Five Minute Tug Of War Dog Toy by Down Redbud Drive
- Tinted Mason Jars by Mason Jar Breakfast
What’s your favorite repurposed item craft from this list? What other creations have you made using other household items? Leave a comment down below and let me know!